I hope your summer is serving up lots of adventure and enjoyment this year!
Although things here on the race scene slowed as the 110+ heat took over and monsoons moved in to finally cool things and dial in some of the local dirt; there’s been a few on the team venturing out of state to compete in higher elevations and have a little fun!
- Early summer brought the start of Enduro season. Cody Martin has been traveling to the big mountains to throw his hat into the enduro scene and is having a blast!
- The June brought 24 hours in the Enchanted Forest and the Chile Challenge, both out of New Mexico.
- Tom Phielix took a team out to the Enchanted Forest and competed in the corporate category. The team completed 20 laps. Nice!
- Then the Adams brothers took on the XCT race in the Chile Challenge in Angel Fire where Tyler earned 15th, completing 10 laps at the course inside resort at the bike park.
- July brought on yet another big mountain, tough New Mexico race with the South Boundary Big Ride from Angel Fire to Taos.
- Chris Ringler and Sean McDonald brought home a 1st place in the men’s Duo open.
- Aidan McDonald earned 1st place in the junior category, squeezing past the previous local champion by 2 minutes!
- Kevin and Beth Utley made it into 2nd place in the co-ed Duo.
- July also brought the first Haute route to the US in Colorado where Mark Fuller competed in the 6 day stage road/gravel race and with many thousands of feet of climbing, found himself earning a top 10 result in the masters men!
Way to go, Folks!!
The cooler weather and fall racing will be upon us in no time!
- With the AZ Enduro series, the AZ fall MTB series; along with the Peppersauce Roundup, AES rides, the start of Cross season…and so much more, there is still plenty of fresh opportunity to show off Team OVB and some love to our awesome sponsors this year! Get out there! 🙂
*Please remember to log your races and volunteer hours! The time will soon come for the end of the year big winners.
… Sorry kids, the HS races can’t count towards OVB team points since you are racing for your high school teams. …However, volunteering at any of the high school races this fall does count towards your team hours, just log them in! The HS dates are up on our calendar. Go Otters!